This recipe I am sharing with y’all today is absolutely delicious. Using Post’s Great Grains Cranberry Almond Crunch cereal is a delicious and healthy alternative to breadcrumbs. The cranberries included make this a perfect fall recipe. Right now you can grab yourself a box or two for $1.99 at Walgreens with their exclusive in-store discount. All post cereals are $1.99.
The first time my husband created this dish the whole family was happy. It’s juicy and crunchy. The sweetened flakes of the cereal add a wonderful sweet flavor. If you like heat, adding crushed red pepper is a wonderful contrast.
This juicy sweet chicken would taste wonderful chilled on top of a crisp salad. The chicken pairs great with green beans, asparagus or sauteed greens.
Our 5 year old loves this dish and always finishes her plate so I would definitely call this a kid friendly dish.
It’s an easy dish to make. I have detailed instructions in the recipe box below that can be easily printed.
First, prepare your chicken by washing, cutting and then adding salt and pepper. Crush the cereal and prepare three dishes.
One dish with crushed cereal, the other with egg wash and last with flour. Dredge the chicken in flour, the egg wash and lastly in the crushed cereal. Then cook chicken in a large skillet in a small amount of olive oil over medium heat.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups Great Grains Cranberry Almond Crunch cereal
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- Lay the chicken out on a cutting board. Hold your knife parallel to the cutting board and slice the chicken breasts in half so one breast is now two cutlets. Sprinkle them on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Pour out 2 cups of Great Grains cereal on a cookie sheet. Crush the cereal with a rolling pin or glass. Set out 3 dishes, one for the flour, the second for the lightly beaten eggs and the last dish for the crushed cereal.
- Dredge cutlets in flour, then dip into egg wash and then fully coat with crushed cereal and place onto a plate or drip pan. Continue with each cutlet until all are coated.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Once oil is hot add cutlets in batches and cook for 4 minutes on each side over medium heat. Remove to paper towels to drain and season again with salt. Put the chicken pieces on a clean baking sheet and place in the warm oven while you cook the each batch.
- Serve hot with vegetables of your choice.
Now, head on over to Walgreens and pick up a box of Post cereal for just 1.99 this week and have some Cranberry Almond Crunch Chicken for dinner tonight!