This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Zubie for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
As a fast-paced mom, my day begins as a race to the car with lots of tasks in-between. Checking the car for fluids and walking around the car while kicking the tires in not included in these tasks. Along with a countless number of working mommy's, I have to trust that my car will get me and Alice to school as long as it's not on fire. Sure my husband does an okay job of car maintenance. He'll admit he is not a pro and at the very least, he checks the car seasonally or just before long trips. Unfortunately, those pesky dashboard indicators doesn't wait for certain seasons to warn about low break fluid, low batteries or engine over heating. Why wait until a dashboard warning light to come on and who knows what they mean anyway?!
That is why I am taking a serious look at Zubie
What is Zubie? The company website explains Zubie as "A cool new service connecting you to your car to help monitor your vehicles, diagnose repair problems and take the hassle out of daily driving." Zubie services combines a smart device (about the size of a matchbox) that plugs into a standard port in every car* along with a smartphone app that help you get the most from your car. * onboard diagnostics (OBD) port, which is in all cars built after 1996.
Zubie is designed to help in many categories on my worry list when it comes to my vehicle:
• Family Safety: Real-time location tracking and alerts when family members arrive at home, work or school. Alerts for troublesome events like hard breaking, rapid acceleration, or the first time your child drives at night.
• Problem alerts: Be alerted to car problems before they leave you stranded, such as a Check Engine light or a dying battery.
• Safe Driving: Track and improve your driving, and connect and compete with friends through social media. Monitor and coach teen drivers using a driving score for each driver based on 30 metrics, like acceleration, speeding, hard breaking, and more! It's a very cool way to get a since of your own good or bad driving habits.
• Trip Coordination: Connect with friends to share locations and simplify coordination on short trips or car-pools. My husband is a map freak! He'll map a simple trip to the store and try to have a conversation with the navigator. "At the next stop, turn left." He says "Thanks Hal."
Did you know that 52% of car breakdowns are battery related? Most of my vehicle demises have been caused by fluid neglect and having being alerted by a ticking engine or overheating, which is pretty close to having irreversible damage costing tons to repair. I can see where a service like Zubie can be beneficial to me and my family!
Zubie makes it easy to know and understand what’s going on under the hood, plus save money on maintenance. This easy-to-install device helps you keep your car running by giving timely information about your car’s health, and alerting you to potential problems:
• Engine Problems: Be alerted to problem codes reported by your engine, and understand what they mean.
• Check Engine Light: Translate the Check Engine light into plain English. "Honey, the toaster light just came on!" "I didn't think this Taurus came with a toaster feature."
• Know exactly why the light is on, and avoid an unnecessary trip to the repair shop.
• Dead Battery: Track battery levels and be alerted to a problem BEFORE a dead battery leaves you stranded.
• Repair Cost & Insight: Know how serious a problem might be, and receive an estimate of likely repair costs before you go to the repair shop.
• Driving Behavior: Manage your driving habits to improve fuel economy and preserve overall car value over time.
The more I explore knowing what Zubie is and what it does, really excites me and when I told my husband about it, he was even more excited than I was! (He's a total tech and gadget nerd and proud of it!) Little does he know that we are receiving a Zubie Key to test out ourselves and I am thinking to let him take over a post to help review it with me! (Merry Christmas, Baby!) I know I am excited to test it out, especially to use the driving behavior features! My hubby thinks he's a stunt driver at times. He thinks I drive like every day is Sunday morning.
I think it would be a great gift to anyone! Someone who needs help improve their driving skills. Or a child/wife/husband that is known notorious for forgetting to get the oil changed, put air in the tires or change the wiper blades. Or simply a car fanatic who is always interested in ﬁnding the latest and greatest auto gadgets!
Give a Zubie for the Holidays!! For a limited time, order today use code SAVE20DEC and SAVE 20% on your Zubie Key plus one year of service! This offer is good through January 31, 2013. Shipping charges apply.
In blog posts to come in the year 2014, you will hear more about Zubie and my experiences using this innovative service! Keep watch of Alililly and learn to make driving easier, safer and less expensive!
Be sure to Follow @GoZubie on Twitter and Like Zubie on Facebook to keep up to date with Zubie.